Confession, penance, reconciliation. The ancient sacrament of penance is called many names but has one purpose—the forgiveness of sins. Many Catholics and other Christians are at best uncertain about the need for confession, and many are anxious about the idea of sharing their sins with a priest. In this much-needed book, Fr. Mitch Pacwa and Sean Brown put all the confusion and anxiety to rest by answering the most common questions and objections to this indispensable sacrament.
As humans, we have an innate desire to be at peace. Sin destroys this peace, leaving the soul in a weak and deprived state. In Go in Peace, the authors demonstrate that, through the power of confession, one is freed from the burden of sin and brought to peace with God and himself.
You will learn:
- The biblical basis of confession
- Why Christ gave the Church the power to forgive sins
- Why this sacrament is required by the Church
- What elements are necessary for a good confession
- Why some sins require confession for forgiveness
- The psychological benefits of confession
- The spiritual benefits of confession